Kyoto Biken Laboratories, Inc. stipulates the following personal information protection policy to ensure, as an organization, the proper handling of personal information based on the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and other related laws and ordinances of Japan.
- 1. Establishment of security management framework
- Kyoto Biken shall make all directors, employees, and others aware of the importance of personal information protection and shall establish a security management framework for the protection of personal information. Furthermore, Kyoto Biken shall clearly state management rules on the acquisition, use, provision, etc. of personal information in writing and shall conduct the proper management of personal information.
- 2. Continuous improvements
- Kyoto Biken shall endeavor to make continuous improvements so that personal information is handled properly. Furthermore, improvements shall be duly reflected in this policy.
- 3. Compliance with related laws, ordinances, guidelines, etc.
- Kyoto Biken shall fully comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, other related laws and ordinances, the Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and other guidelines of Japan.
- 4. Acquisition of personal information
- Kyoto Biken shall clearly indicate the purpose when acquiring personal information and, with the consent of the person concerned, shall acquire the information by legal and appropriate means within the scope necessary for achievement of the purpose indicated beforehand.
- 5. Use within scope of purpose
- Regarding personal information acquired in accordance with the stipulations of the preceding paragraph 4, Kyoto Biken shall not use the information beyond the scope of the indicated purpose without the consent of the person concerned. Furthermore, if the person concerned requests the disclosure, amendment, termination of use, or deletion of personal information, Kyoto Biken shall respond sincerely in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and ordinances of Japan.
- 6. Personal information security management
- Kyoto Biken shall adopt necessary and appropriate security management measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information. Furthermore, Kyoto Biken shall undertake the necessary and appropriate supervision of employees and contractors (including subcontractors, etc.) handling personal information.
- 7. Prohibition of disclosure and supply of personal information to third parties
- Kyoto Biken shall not disclose or supply personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
*When the person concerned consents.
*When it is legally required to disclose the information.
*When responding on the basis of notification, guidance, etc. from government authorities.
- 8. Measures in case of accidents
- When a leakage of personal information occurs, Kyoto Biken shall respond properly by investigating the facts and causes, taking appropriate measure to prevent any secondary damage, and taking steps to prevent any recurrence of the accident.
- 9. Inquiries, etc.
- If you have any questions or comments regarding Kyoto Biken's handling of personal information, or require consultations, please contact us using the inquiry form below.